The rapid growth of tourism, hospitality, and events creates the need for both, industry and academia to be ready to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Hence, tourism, hospitality, and events oriented research must be ready to respond effectively to these changes, and minimise the uncertainty created from a series of instability factors and current challenges such as globalisation, societal transformation, and the rapid development of IT and ICT. The dynamic and ever-changing character of the tourism, hospitality and events and the coexistence of a wide spectrum of different fields and disciplines, create the necessity of a holistic approach towards conceptualising, understanding and managing the relevant practises. Thus, diverse perspectives and research from different scientific fields and disciplines are considerably important for the understanding of the evolutionary process as well as the changing dynamics of tourism, hospitality and events.
THE INC (Tourism Hospitality & Events INternational Conference) aims to the improvement of theory and practice of the respective fields and aspires to become a beacon of research knowledge dissemination. THE INC welcomes theoretical, empirical, experimental, and case study research contributions. These contributions should clearly address the theoretical and practical implications of the research in reference. The proposed topics can include but are not limited to the following:
- Competitiveness, sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Consumer behaviour, decision-making, expectations, experience and satisfaction
- Cultural, heritage
- Demand-supply forecasting, and performance studies
- Economics and finance
- Emerging and innovative research methods and methodologies
- Event, sport and festival tourism
- Human resources, equality, diversity, and labour operations
- Innovation, creativity and change management
- IT, ICT, e-tourism, and emerging technologies
- Marketing, advertising, branding and promotional activities
- Policy, planning, and development
- Psychology, sociology, and social anthropology
- Spas, health and well-being
- Training and education
- Other interdisciplinary areas related with the changing dynamics in tourism, hospitality, and events.
An abstract between 500 to 700 words (excluding references) should be submitted. The abstract should include an indication of the purpose of the research, the interdisciplinary approach taken, the methods used and the key (expected) findings. The abstract should be submitted via the online conference platform. Abstracts should be submitted to the online system. For submitting your abstract please visit the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=theinc2018
Deadline for abstract submission: Saturday 20th January 2018 (Extended: Sunday 11th February 2018)
Notification of acceptance: until Saturday 3rd March 2018
Early Bird Registration Deadline: Saturday 28th April 2018
Venue: 26 – 28 June 2018
Once the abstract is accepted for presentation at THE INC, the registration process begins. The registration costs are the following:
|Packages||£ until 30th April
|£ from 1st May and on|
|Full Student Registration*||125||155|
|One Day Registration||95||125|
*Full registrations also include Gala dinner
The registration and payment should be made through the online system. Online registration will be available from January 2018 and on.
- Professor Elena Cavagnaro (Stenden University, Netherlands).
- Professor Alan Clarke (University of Pannonia, Hungary).
- Professor Nigel Morgan (University of Swansea, U.K.).
Several publication opportunities for the research presented at THE INC will be provided. Apart from the conference proceedings, high research quality papers can be published from the following journals:
- Event Management: Event Management journal will publish at least one themed issue entitled “Events in a Changing World”, which will include the full paper version of the research presented at the conference. For more info about the journal please visit: http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/cog/em
- Hospitality & Society: Hospitality & Society journal will publish at least one themed issue entitled “Hospitality in a Changing World”, which will include the full paper version of the research presented at the conference. For more info about the journal please visit: https://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=194
Selected papers will be considered for publication in the following journals:
- Service Industries Journal: For more info about the journal please visit: http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/fsij20
- International Journal of Spa and Wellness: For more info about the journal please visit: http://tandfonline.com/loi/rspa20
Dr Eleni Michopoulou (Chair of Organising Committee)
University of Derby, Buxton, U.K. (E.Michopoulou@derby.ac.uk)
Dr Nikolaos Pappas (Chair of Scientific Committee)
University of Sunderland, U.K. (Nikolaos.Pappas@sunderland.ac.uk)